Laboratory Safety - Related Topics
Key elements for managing Hazardous Materials and Waste are defined in the University's Chemical Hygiene Plan. Hazardous materials include hazardous chemicals, biohazards and radioactive materials. Areas storing or using hazardous materials are required to complete a self-inspection of these areas on at least a quarterly basis and are subject to chemical inventory reporting requirements.
- Chemical Safety - There are health (toxicity and exposure) and physical (flammability, reactivity, explosivity) hazards associated with chemical use with chemical labeling, handling, storage, and inventory reporting requirements that are mandated by local, state and federal regulations.
- Health Physics and Radiation Safety - Information on Health Physics-related programs is available on the University's website.
- Laser Safety - Information on Health Physics-related programs is available on the University's website.
- Working Safely in the Laboratory and Preventing Lab Accidents
- Gas Cylinder Management - Compressed gas cylinders contain hazardous materials.
- Quarterly Lab-Shop Self-Inspections is a quarterly walk-through conducted by a department member with the objective of identifying any unsafe conditions in laboratories/shops that are using or storing hazardous materials or waste.