SUPRI-B Affiliates Program
SUPRI-B is an Industrial Consortium focused on Reservoir Simulation research. Our industry partners include domestic and international oil companies, as well as, service companies and software providers. These companies take an active part in the annual research review meeting, usually held in May.
Membership in the SUPRI-B Reservoir Simulation consortium is open to everyone. The membership fee is $40,000 per year, renewed annually, although we are interested in multiple-year, long-term interactions. The membership fee is used primarily to support graduate students and computer facilities.
Affiliate members may wish to provide additional funds above the annual fees to be used for SUPRI-B Affiliate Program research conducted by a participating faculty member or for a particular area of research under the SUPRI-B Affiliate Program. The faculty director of the program will determine how the additional funding is to be used in the SUPRI-B Affiliate Program. All research results arising from the use of the additional funding will be shared with all of the Affiliate Program members and the general public.
The benefits of formal affiliation with the SUPRI-B program are:
- Annual review meeting of the research projects funded by the Consortium. In this meeting, graduate students, post-docs, and research associates present their findings. We also discuss possible future areas of research interest and areas for research collaboration.
- One registration fee for the summer short course on topics of reservoir simulation.
- Access to early preprints and reprints of copies of (or early access to) research reports, papers, and other publications originated by the faculty and students associated with the SUPRI-B program.
- Assistance, if desired, in arranging interviews between individual students and company representatives.
- Affiliates will be identified on the SUPRI-B website.
The SUPRI-B Reservoir Simulation is governed by the Stanford University Policies Affecting Industrial Affiliates Program Memberships. For more information about the membership, please contact Prof. Hamdi Tchelepi at firstname.lastname@example.org / 650-723-9476.