Dawn L. Geatches
|Office Location:||337 Green Earth Sciences Building|
- 2011 PhD Physics, Durham University, United Kingdom
- 2007 BSc(Hons) Mathematical Sciences, Open University, UK
- July 2012-present Postdoctoral Researcher in Energy Resources Engineering, Stanford University
- 2011-2012 Research Associate in Physics, Durham University, UK
- 2011-2012 Teaching Fellow in Physics, Durham University, UK
Honors & Awards
- 2010 Durham University Learning and Teaching Award, UK
- 2007-2011 Teaching Assistant, mentor and tutor, Durham University, UK
- 2007-2012 Member, Institute for Advanced Studies, Durham University, UK
- 2007-2012 Member, BioSciences Institute, Durham University, UK
- 2007-2012 Member, Durham’s Energy Institute, Durham University, UK
- 2007-2012 Member, Institute of Physics
- 2012 Presented poster: Catalysis Symposium, SLAC, Stanford
- 2011 Organized conference for participants from collaborating - French company (Lafarge) at Durham University and at University College, London, UK
- 2010 Invited Speaker: Laboratoire Génie Civil et géoEnvironnement, Lille, France
- 2010 Presented poster: Prebiotic chemistry workshop, Durham University, UK
- 2010 Presented poster: Northern Sustainable Chemistry Network Seminar, York, UK
- 2009 Presented poster: SimBioMa Workshop, Mainz
- 2009 Invited Speaker: Department of Earth Sciences, Newcastle University, UK
Expand to full listing 11 entries
- 1. Dawn Geatches, Stewart Clark, Hugh Greenwell, “DFT + U investigation of the catalytic properties of ferruginous clay”, American Mineralogist, 98, 132 (2013).
- 2. Dawn L. Geatches, Alain Jacquet, Stewart J. Clark, H. Christopher Greenwell, “Monomer Adsorption on Kaolinite: Modelling the Essential Ingredients”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 116, 22365 (2012).
- 3. D. L. Geatches, S. J. Clark, H. C. Greenwell, “Iron reduction in nontronite-type clay minerals: Modelling a complex system”, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 81, 13 (2011).
- 4. Dawn L. Geatches, H. Christopher Greenwell, Stewart J. Clark, “Ab Initio Transiition State Searching in Complex Systems: Fatty Acid Decarboxylation in Minerals”, J. Phys. Chem. A, 115, 2658 (2011).
- 5. Dawn L. Geatches, Stewart J. Clark, Hugh C. Greenwell, “Role of Clay Minerals in Oil-Forming Reactions”, J. Phys. Chem. A, 114, 3569 (2010).
Expand to full listing 5 entries