For Incoming Students
Welcome to GES!
You will receive a comprehensive packet of information at orientation, but below you will find the calendar of events and some resources to help you get started. Please feel free to contact Alyssa Ferree (650.723.4835) in the GES office if you have questions or need assistance.
Orientation Schedule for 2013-14:
- Sept 19 - GES Orientation (12:00pm - 5:00pm+; Geocorner 220)
- Sept 20 - CTL TA Training (8:00am - Noon; Hewlett 200)
- Sept 20 - SES Orientation (1:00pm-4:00pm; Hartley Conference Room)
- Sept 21-22 - Overnight trip (9:00 a.m.)
- Sept 23 - First day of Autumn Quarter - classes begin - full academic calendar
- Sept 27 - Welcome Back BBQ / Friday Beer (3:30pm - 7pm; Geocorner Courtyard)
Graduate Student Handbook
Download the 2012-13 Graduate Student Handbook here. 2013-14 Handbook coming soon!
The Graduate Student Advisory Committee consists of a small group of students committed to making the School of Earth Sciences a better environment. They have compliled a fairly comprehensive website to give you some information to help get you acclimated to Stanford.