GES Student Resources
The list of resources below is not intended to be all-inclusive, but a general place where you can go to begin searching for answers. If there is anything that you have a special interest in having listed here or have a great resource you would like to share, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
University programs and resources
- Office of Accessible Education (OAE) – Provides a wide array of accommodations, support services, auxiliary aids to students with disabilities.
- Graduate Life Office (GLO) – Provides comprehensive and impartial guidance and information about all aspects of life as a graduate student.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) – The University’s counseling center dedicated to student mental health and wellbeing.
Provides individual and couples counseling as well as groups and workshops.
- Career Development Center (CDC) – Career development resources that include career counseling, job openings, networking, workshops and assessments.
- Vice Provost of Graduate Education (VPGE) – VPGE works collaboratively with Stanford’s schools and departments to enhance the quality of graduate education at Stanford. Offers fellowships and workshops for graduate students.
- Student Services Center (SSC) - Includes Student ID Card Services, Registrar’s Office, Student Financial Services, and Financial Aid
- Bechtel International Center – Resource center for international students.
- Office of International Affairs – Resources for planning and reporting international travel.
- Office of the Ombuds – Provides impartial dispute and conflict resolution for students, faculty, and staff.
- Office for Religious Life – Provides leadership, services, and programming in matters of religion and spirituality.
- Physical Education, Recreation, and Wellness – Information on gym/athletic facilities, classes, and intramural sports.
- Graduate Student Council (GSC) – Provides programming events for students and their families, advocacy at the university level, and funding for student groups
- Graduate Student Advisory Committee (GSAC) - Comprises student representatives from the four departments and two interdisciplinary programs within the School of Earth Sciences. Hosts programs such as Geosnow, SES Tailgates, and the Annual Research Review.
- Branner Library - Houses resources to support the SES departments. The library also houses the main map library and GIS support services for the entire campus.
Other resources of interest
- Stanford on-campus Housing
- Palo Alto Daily News (Local classified ads)
- Community Housing
- Craig's List (searchable by area, rent, size, etc.)
- General Bay Area Transit Links
- Stanford's free Marguerite shuttle
- Caltrain (San Jose to San Francisco)
- SamTrans: San Mateo County's bus lines