The list of resources below is not intended to be all-inclusive, but a general place where you can go to begin searching for answers. If there is anything that you have interest in having listed here or have a great resource you would like to share, please e-mail email@example.com
University Programs & Resources
- The Bechtel International Center has many forms of help for students from other countries.
Maps and Directions
- Stanford on-campus Housing
- Palo Alto Daily News (Local classified ads)
- Craig's List (searchable by area, rent, size, etc.)
- Federal Tax Information for Individuals (IRS site)
- Federal Tax Forms & Publications
- California State Forms
- Federal W-4 Form Assistance (Online calculator)
- General Bay Area Transit Links
- Stanford's free Marguerite shuttle
- Caltrain (San Jose to San Francisco)
- SamTrans: San Mateo County's bus lines
- Ferry Schedules across the Bay:
- Alameda-Oakland Ferry
- Blue & Gold Fleet: San Francisco to Tiburon, Sausalito, Oakland, Alameda and Vallejo. Tours to Alcatraz and Angel Island are also available.
- Harbor Bay Maritime: Weekday commuter service runs from San Francisco to Alameda's Harbor Bay Isle landing.
- Golden Gate Ferry: Ferries operate from San Francisco to Larkspur and Sausalito.
- Vallejo Baylink Ferry: San Francisco-Vallejo ferry has connecting bus service to Davis and Sacramento.
- Mountain bike trails (IMBA website)