The Winter 2007 Miller Award was awarded to Wentao Zhou
School of Earth Sciences|
Energy Resources Engineering
The Miller Fellowship recognizes the top student each quarter in course performance. It is awarded three times each year to a student selected on grade performance and research productivity in the preceding quarter. The Miller Fellowship was created in 1997 as a result of a generous donation from alumnus Bill Cobb who expressed his desire to remember the contributions of Frank Miller to the academic careers of 25 years of petroleum engineering graduates. Frank G. Miller was chairman of the department from 1953 until his retirement in 1976. Frank lived in Los Altos Hills until his death in December 1999, and often came to Stanford to make the presentation of the Fellowship.