These organizations are run by students here on campus. Their web sites are not maintained by the department.
- SPE Student Chapter - The official organization for Energy Resources Engineering students at Stanford.
- GSAC -The Graduate Student Advisory Committee is comprised of students of the School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences committed to making the school a better environment by providing a forum for student concerns, promoting integration of the disciplines within the school, and developing programs that will benefit the greater Earth Sciences community.
- IAMG Student Chapter- The official Student Chapter for I.A.M.G. (International Association of Mathematical Geosciences) serving the whole Earth Sciences community in Stanford University.
- Stanford Alpine Project is a student-run organization based in the School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences. The aim of SAP is to introduce students interested in Earth Sciences to spectacular geologic locations around the world.
- Women in Earth Sciences is an informal group of undergraduates, graduate students, post-docs, research assistants, staff and faculty in the School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences. The group is open to anyone.