|Title:||Post-doctoral Scholar, Global Freshwater Initiative|
|Primary Affiliation:||Department of Environmental Earth System Science|
|Office Location:||GeoCorner (Bldg 320)|
- 2011 | Ph.D., Soil and Water Science, University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- 2005 | M.S., Soil and Water Science, University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- 2003 | B.S., Environmental Sciences, University of Rochester (Rochester, NY)
Honors & Awards
- 2014 | Stanford School of Earth Sciences Certificate for Outstanding Achievement in Mentoring
- 2010 | NWRI Ronald B. Linsky Fellowship for Outstanding Water Research
- 2010 | EWRI-ASCE Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 2010 Best Paper Notable Mention Award
- 2007-2008 | William K. Robertson Fellowship
- 2006-2010 | NSF Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship
- Mentoring in Research:
- 2013 | Stanford Earth Sciences Undergraduate Research (SESUR) Program (Stanford University). Co-mentored an undergraduate student who developed a model for estimating the effects of climate change on urban water supply reservoirs in India.
- 2013 | Summer Undergraduate Research in Geosciences and Engineering (SURGE) Program (Stanford University). Co-mentored a minority undergraduate student who assessed the global impacts of land use practices on urban surface water quality.
- Ad-hoc Reviewer:
- Reviews for Hydrology and Earth System Sciences (HESS), NSF
- 2012 | Co-Instructor: Water Resources Sustainability (undergraduate/graduate curriculum) (University of Florida)
- 2008 & 2010 | Co-Instructor: Water, Environment and Society (undergraduate curriculum) (University of Florida)
- McDonald, R.I.; Fitzgerald, K.; Padowski, J.; Flörke, M.; Schneider, C.; Green, P.; Gleeson, T.; Eckman, S.; Lehner, B.; Balk, D.; Boucher, T.; Grill, G. 2014. Water on an urban planet: urbanization and the reach of urban water infrastructure. Global Environmental Change. 27: 96–105.
- Padowski, J.C. and Jawitz, J.W. 2012. A storage-based assessment of urban water availability and vulnerability within the United States. Water Resources Research. 48, W12529, doi:10.1029/2012WR012335.
- Padowski, J.C. and Jawitz, J.W. 2009. The Future of Global Water Scarcity: Policy and Management Challenges and Opportunities. The Whitehead Journal of Diplomacy and International Relations. 10(2): 99-114 [Invited].
- Padowski, J.C., Rothfus, E.A., Jawitz, J.W., Klammler, H., Hatfield, K., Annable, M.D. 2009. Effect of Passive Surface Water Flux Meter Design on Water and Solute Mass Flux Estimates. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 14(12): 1334-1342.
- Klammler H., Newman, M.A., Szilagyi, E., Padowski, J.C., Hatfield, K., Jawitz, J.W., Annable, M.D. 2007. Initial test results for a passive surface water fluxmeter to measure cumulative water and solute mass fluxes. Environmental Science and Technology 41(7): 2485-2490.