2009 | BS Earth Science Rice University
- 2011 | Intern, Public Affairs American Geophysical Union
- 2010 | Intern, US Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution
- 2009-10 | Wagoner Research Fellowship, Research School of Earth Sciences Australian National University
Honors & Awards
- 2012 | NSF USSP Scholarship
- 2011 | NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- 2011 | Stanford Graduate Fellowship
- 2009 | 1st Place Houston Recycle Ike Contest
- 2007/2008 | Morris K. Udall Scholarship
- 2007 | NOAA Ernest F. Hollings Scholarship
Expand to full listing 6 entries
- 2012 | Member, Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC)
- 2012-present | President, Stanford Birdwatching Club
- 2012 | Organizer, SES Science Policy Luncheon Group
- 2014 | EESS/EARTHSYS 57Q: Climate Change: From the Past to the Future (co-instructor)
- 2013-present | EESS 212: Environmental Measurements (TA)
- 2011-present | GES 12SC: Environmental and Geological Field Studies in the Rocky Mountains (TA)
- 2009 | WIES 116: An Introduction to Backpacking: A Naturalist’s Exploration of the Gila Wilderness (instructor)
Expand to full listing 4 entries
- 2014 | MJ Winnick, C Page Chamberlain, JK Caves, JM Welker. Quantifying the isotopic 'continental effect'. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 406, 123-133.
- 2014 | JK Caves, DJ Sjostrom, HT Mix, MJ Winnick, C Page Chamberlain. Aridification of Central Asia and Uplift of the Altai and Hangay Mountains, Mongolia: Stable Isotope Evidence. American Journal of Science 314(8), 1171-1201.
- 2013 | JK Caves, G Bodner, K Simms, T Robertson, L Fisher. Integrating Collaboration, Adaptive Management, and Scenario-Planning: Experiences at Las Cienegas National Conservation Area. Ecology and Society 18(3).
- 2012 | D Kline, L Teneva, K Schneider, T Miard, A Chai, M Marker, K Headley, B Opdyke, M Nash, M Valetich, JK Caves, B Russell, S Connell, B Kirkwood, P Brewer, E Peltzer, J Silverman, K Caldeira, R Dunbar, J Koseff, S Monismith, B Mitchell, S Dove, O Hoegh-Guldberg. A short-term in situ CO2 enrichment experiment on Heron Island (GBR). Nature Scientific Reports 2, 1-9.
- 2010 | M Morris, B Brouwer, JK Caves, M Harner, J Stanford. Successional changes in soil and hyporheic nitrogen fertility on an alluvial flood plain: Implications for riparian vegetation. Aquatic Science 72, 519-32.
Expand to full listing 5 entries