Ph.D., Geological Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (2006-2011)
B.S., Atmospheric Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (2002)
B.S., Physics w/ Geology minor, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA (2001)
Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Environmental Earth System Science, Stanford University, Stanford, CA (2011-present)
Lecturer, Camp Davis, University of Michigan Rocky Mountain Field Station, Jackson Hole, WY (2010)
Deputy Flight Commander, United States Air Forces in Europe, 31st Operations Support Squadron, Weather Flight, Aviano Air Base, Italy (2005-2006)
Assistant Flight Commander, United States Air Forces in Europe, Operational Weather Squadron, Sembach Air Base, Germany (2002-2005)
Honors & Awards
ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award, Horace H. Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan (2011)
AGU Outstanding Student Paper Award, Paleoceanography & Paleoclimatology Section (2010)
Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor, Horace H. Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan (2009)
Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Michigan (2009)
Air Force Commendation Medal (2), United State Air Force (2004 & 2005)
- Horton, D.E., Harshvardhan, & N.S. Diffenbaugh (2012) Response of air stagnation frequency to anthropogenically enhanced radiative forcing, Environmental Research Letters, doi:10.1088/1748-9326/7/4/044034
- Horton, D.E., C.J. Poulsen, I.P. Montañez, & W.A. DiMichelle (2012) Eccentricity-paced late Palaeozoic climate change, Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, doi:10.1016/j.palaeo.2012.03.014.
- Horton, D.E., C.J. Poulsen, & D. Pollard (2010) Influence of high-latitude vegetation feedbacks on late Palaeozoic glacial cycles, Nature Geoscience, doi:10.1038/NGEO922.
- Horton, D.E. & C.J. Poulsen, (2009) The paradox of late Paleozoic glacioeustasy, Geology, doi:10.1130/G30016A.1.
- Horton, D.E., C.J. Poulsen, & D. Pollard (2007) Orbital and CO2 forcing of late Paleozoic continental ice sheets, Geophysical Research Letters, doi:10.1029/2007GL031188.
Expand to full listing 5 entries