The Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences develops the knowledge, talent and leadership to understand the changing Earth and to help solve the enormous resource and environmental challenges facing the world now and in the decades ahead.
Our Mission Statement
- To create and effectively disseminate fundamental knowledge about Earth, its resources, and the processes by which it changes
- To train students and future leaders, and educate the broader public in the Earth and environmental sciences
- To integrate, synthesize, and apply scientific and engineering knowledge to societal problems, such as
- the sustainable use of energy, food and water
- the identification and mitigation of risks posed by natural hazards
- the consequences of human activities on climate systems and the environment.
Read the full 2005 Strategic Plan